Reporting Analyst, Strategy & Intelligence Team
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Analyst to join our Strategy and Intelligence team.
You will be required to provide and interpret analytical data and intelligence to support Service decisions, activities, and continuous improvement; to support and assist with the provision of information reports to Service departments, partners and key stakeholders; and to work collaboratively with end-users to develop reporting tools and management information systems that provide accessible information for reporting purposes and that support decision-making across the Service.
Based at Service Headquarters, with a requirement to travel to different service locations to attend meetings and training sessions. Occasionally there may also be a need to travel outside the Service to meet with other partners and stakeholders.
If this sounds interesting to you and you have relevant experience in a similar role, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Duties to include:
• Supporting the development and maintenance of the Service’s data warehouse so that business data analysis requirements can be retrieved, stored and viewed efficiently
• Developing effective links with key partners and stakeholders to gain a better understanding of their data requirements, to ensure the provision of evidence-based, relevant information which will support the Service’s decision making and continuous improvement
• Identifying, developing, implementing, maintaining and continuously improving appropriate tools and techniques to enable transactional data to be transformed into consumable information (e.g. power BI reports and dashboards) that can be analysed by the Service and inform strategic decisions
• Utilising data modelling software and GIS mapping systems to visualise, manipulate, analyse and present evidence-based data and information to support the Service’s decision making process and improve the understanding of risk and vulnerabilities within our communities
• Utilising SQL and similar to deal with large relational databases including creating views and stored procedures and setting up and maintaining automated data processes utilising SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
• Managing the day to day development lifecycle to facilitate reporting and BI development within the team, to ensure documentation and processes are up to date and reflect current business rules and definitions
• Helping to drive continuous improvements in data quality standards.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a team and has relevant experience in a similar role, and who is ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent) in data management, information systems, or other relevant subject area with:
• The ability to analyse data, spot trends, draw conclusions and make recommendations to support organisational objectives• Knowledge and experience of using data modelling and GIS mapping systems to visualise, manipulate, analyse and present information and provide evidence-based data to inform organisational planning
• Experience of querying and manipulating large data sets using standard programming language, e.g. SQL and using T-SQL procedural programming, understanding stored procedures, server objects and manipulation and aggregation of data
• Experience of building effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
• The ability to work flexibly
• Relevant experience of working within the fire or public sector is desirable, but not essential.
This vacancy is being advertised internally and externally
Closing date for receipt of all applications 13th June 2021 at 12 midday.
All communication regarding this vacancy will be issued via email, so please check your email account on a regular basis.
If you have any enquiries please contact:
Steph Cooper – HR Officer on 07528 083155
This opportunity is closed to applications.