Grade E £23,836 - £27,690
About the Opportunity
To provide effective support to the organisation in the purchasing of goods and services.
To monitor performance in relation to use of purchase orders and receipting of goods and services.
To provide support during a period of system upgrade and change.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To monitor compliance with policies and procedures in place for purchasing goods and services.
- To have oversight of the raising of purchase orders, ensuring there is compliance at all times and addressing training needs where appropriate.
- To promote the use of purchase orders across the Force and OPCC.
- Where a purchase order cannot be used ensure there is compliance with the use of smart forms to request the purchase of good and services.
- To ensure the scheme of delegation is maintained and that all purchase orders are appropriately authorised.
- To work with key users to ensure purchasing services are supporting the needs of the organisation. To promote the use of catalogues and purchase orders.
- To ensure good and services are receipted in the system in a timely manner and help to address none compliance.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
Benefits of working for Staffordshire Police:
Annual Leave entitlement – 26 days plus Bank Holidays.
Flexible / Agile Working –
Employers Pension contribution -15.5%
Sick pay scheme
Fostering friendly policy
Family friendly policies – maternity, paternity, parental leave, adoption
On site Gyms
Reward and Recognition
Blue light Card – not solely for Staffs police
“Staffordshire have a strong commitment to equality and diversity in our people, within the organisation and in the services, we provide to our communities.
We want to reflect the communities we serve and one way we can try to achieve this is through a 'positive action' approach.
Positive action is activity which helps employers identify and remove barriers and issues to the recruitment, retention and progression of people who identify with underrepresented groups of the Equalities Act 2010 (i.e. LGBT+, ethnicity, disability), whilst still employing people on merit.
The Positive Action team will be holding an event on a date to be confirmed to register your interest and become involved in positive action opportunities and support please email Positive.email@example.com “
- Medical assessment
This opportunity is closed to applications.